Saturday, April 17, 2010

Even in Haiti

April 16, 2010
The first week is in the books. There have definitely been some trying times, but I’ve made it through week one. Central supply is looking less and less like a train wreck and I’m pretty well adjusted to life here.
I slept early to 1. Rest my body since I kinda have a cold (thank God there’s enough Tylenol cold/flu to support Lichtenstein for years) and 2. I had to wake up to do song service and special music for church (yes Barcelo, Praise You in the Storm). Yup even in Haiti.
Things are slow(er) at the hospital on Sabbaths so I spent the morning in the supply room just sitting and talking to Jonathan about Haiti, college, the future, life, prayer etc. I had my first “wow I’m and really so privileged, how am I going to rationalize going back to life as a middle-class American after I’ve personally witnessed this kind of living” moment. Yeah. I imagine that this is the first of many.
Happy Sabbath all.

Don’t forget REVO tomorrow @ La Sierra University. 4pm: Art/Fashion show 7pm: Concert feat. Mike Isberto, LSU Jazz Band and more.
All proceeds go to the Gakoni Orphanage in Rwanda
Do it!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=399533864166&ref=ts
or
http://www.startarevo.org/lasierra/
for more info

1 comment: