Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day...oh whatever

It’s been two whole days since I blogged! Miss me?
Tuesday I was really tired for the first time. I’m not sure why, but when I woke up I was aware that I was not fully rested. The day was spent in the supply room rearranging syringes and other supplies.
I left the compound for the 2nd and 3rd times today. I tagged along with Dr. Jack and Jonathan to the local supermarket (Delimart) to get food and drinks. It’s has pretty much everything a super market in the US would have, just smaller and less brand variety.
We went to dinner at the local hotel’s restaurant. Let’s just say I got to spend a lot of time just socializing and getting to know all the different volunteers. The food was nothing spectacular. But I haven’t got sick yet. Let’s hope it stays that way!
Today I work in the store room (it’s looking a lot better) as well as the big supply building. We’re trying to empty it out while sorting the contents so things will be a little more organized. It was the first time that I’ve really been in charge of a group of people on a job. I was left supervising Haitian workers moving food and sorting supplies. It went well and I’m sure I’ll get more comfortable with it as time goes on.
Three side notes today.
1. Remember REVO is this coming Sunday! Go to La Sierra University on Sunday afternoon for a huge benefit event: concert, art show, and a fashion show all proceeds go to support an orphanage in Rwanda. Go to startarevo.org/lasierra or search for REVO La Sierra on Facebook for more info.
2. Taxes are due tomorrow!!!
3. For all you Gleeks… hope you enjoyed last night.

Shower time.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the blogging, people do enjoy keeping up with your adventures in Haiti. Will miss you this weekend at Kristen's birthday. And that Bones episode was sad...

    ReplyDelete