Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Four more weeks

Lack of posts this week is attributed to writing two lengthy messages to dear friends, lack of internet two nights, and taking time for soul searching (a lot has happened this week).

Four weeks from now I'll be packing up to go home. Depending on your point of view August 27 is a long way off, and I know so much will happen. But for me it's hard to believe that I've been back in Haiti for almost two months, Dr. Nelson left and Nathan and Amy arrived over a month ago. In that time there have been many changes, administrative decisions have been made, so many groups have come and gone, patients have been admitted, many have been discharged, some are still here, few have passed away. It's kind of been a blur.

I'm very anxious/excited to get home, to see people, play music in a praise band, play basketball and volleyball with friends yes, but also to start the next chapter in my life. I know God has great things in store. But I can't get caught up in looking ahead. There are still boxes to move, supplies to sort, songs to sing, and people to love.

1 comment:

  1. dude. stop the count down. i don't need to think about you and Brooke leaving me.

    ReplyDelete