Saturday, May 01, 2010

Miss me yet?

RABBIT, RABBIT! Happy Sabbath! Can you believe it’s been three weeks?! Miss me? Have you started to read Crazy Love? I finished Wednesday, I’m still contemplating things.

So much has happened in the last week. Almost everyone who came with or before me has left. I've also seen multiple teams come and go. There are only two foreign volunteers who have been here since I have. If you remember, last Thursday’s post gave you a glimpse into what a day in the life had been during my “probation period”. It would be impossible to do that for this week. I’m pretty sure the only thing that happened consistently was getting <>

I really had no idea what kind of work I’d be doing here. So I said I came to Haiti with no expectations. However I didn’t say I’m coming any “unexpectations”. Taking on three major responsibilities last Friday morning was pretty unexpected. You are now reading the blog of the hospital supply, transportation, and food distribution manager. The learning curb is pretty steep. I’m not used to making decisions on this scale and don’t have a really good job description, but things are getting done, and I'm learning a lot. Conversations with Brooke Beck and Phil Hudson have been invaluable!

I’ve hung out with Haitians a lot more this week. I’ve played guitar with people three times in the last week, even wrote a song with a guy. I’m interacting with the guys in supply a little more. Six kids help me out with food distribution. I’m picking up Creole little by little. I have dictionary now.

Other things worth mentioning

I attended vespers last night and played at Haitian church today (yes mom, I wore a button down). Remind me to blog about church sometime. So much to say/ponder.

I moved into my own room!

Thank you Azure Hills Adult Sabbath School!

REVO made over $23,000!!!!!!!

Things probably not worth mentioning, but you’ll read anyways

My toe nail is now disconnected at the cuticle, but still attached to the nail bed.

For those of you that have been worried that I’ll come back married… :P J/K


It probably won't be another week till I post again. Sabbath Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment