Thursday, May 20, 2010

Herro!

So ends another day at Hopital Adventiste d’Haiti. It was beyond busy, I’m pretty sure I didn’t stop from 0545-1300, the afternoon wasn’t as busy but I can’t wait till Sabbath.

Tomorrow I will complete my 6th week here. I’ve eaten a couple dozen MRE’s, seen at least 200 foreigners come and go, served a couple thousand meals…but enough numbers. It’s time for another “stop reading this blog and do something else that’s a better use of your time” moment.

Last time I instructed you to read the book “Crazy Love”. If you haven’t done that, shame on you and get on that. Today I challenge you to stop and pray, “God, in this moment, what do You want from me?” (Inspired by a letter written by Brother Lawrence from the book “Practicing His Presence”) Try to do it multiple times a day. Crazy huh? I tried it and it was depressing. But then I remembered you can’t disappoint God, even when you fail He still loves you. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give Him your all. So the time has come, blog over. Stop reading, start praying.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. David!!! youre awesome guy! Love your blog :-) .... Wish I had time to blog while I was there, but we know that was wishful thinking. Im lucky I got to last Mon. to start with the journaling, lol. Anyway, hope you are well and yellow tshirts will definitely be back before you leave! -Danielle R. (the short one with glasses, lol)

    ReplyDelete