Thursday, May 13, 2010

...it's all small stuff

Today I came to the realization that my childhood is officially over. I'm not exactly sure when it happened and I'm not saying that I've stopped growing and totally understand the world. To the contrary, now an adult I realize how much I don't know. Today was full of moments that reinforced life lessons.

1. No one is perfect, everyone has an ugly side, and racism still exists.

2."Knowledge is power. With power comes responsibility. Therefore you are responsible for what you know... Ignorance is bliss."~ David Ryan B. Harris
(I'm sure someone has said something like this before, but I'm claiming this for myself)

3. You can rationalize anything if you try hard enough. Doesn't mean that it's right.

4. People think about themselves waaaaaaay too much. Story time...maybe not, I don't wanna offend anyone so I'll skip to the wrap up. An old man got to see a city, a younger man got to spend the evening with his family, because of this the youngest man failed to complete the task he set out to do. No one died, life moved on. (it makes sense in my head)

Which leads us to our final lesson for the night...

5. Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

1 comment:

  1. David, I know it's been a long time since I left, but it's taken me this long to catch up with my work here which somehow missed me while I was in Haiti. But thank you for your blog, and the award! You're on my Brooke Beck Award list! Dr. Jack Hoehn.

    ReplyDelete